How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is completely paralyzed, and I have been mentioning

Customer Question

My wife is completely paralyzed, and I have been mentioning to our
Local Human Services council, and everyone else that I am not able t take personal care of her anymore. Her father left hand loads of derogatory, useless information about my wife &I I. We lost 14 lots in the center of town due to his taking a loan out, when it belonged to my wife only, then change of a major trust (34 days prior to his death). Which U.S. Bank performed without his real signature, used the stepmothers forgery.
I told both Oregon, and California in a 4 page letter what she had done-29 year old trust mind you. They did nothing. Bank accts empty, cattle sold etc just days before death.
Anyway the Trustee is an adopted persons son, my wife is his only child, and had a massive stroke at 48yrs old. Tragically I had to stop working to take care of her along with other caregivers. I'm not a caregiver. Cost me all of my pension, my stock in the farm, every cent I had. So I took SS at 62 because we needed the money. It's 10 years later, I'm not able to take care of her, so the adopters had me arrested and charged with Criminal mistreatment. Took her away (we were together 41 years) married, with her making the most SSDI possible.
I'm stuck facing a year in jail, after telling them ALL, including Human Services I couldn't do this any longer (I said much longer) as I am now crippled over from changing her etc. we begged the Trustee to furnish a response in 2 years of begging. She has over 500,000 in a trust to take care of her. My question is a bit odd, however I can't work anymore, she is my wife-even though I'm not allowed to see her and they won't tell me where she is. It's been 6-7 weeks, I'm now broke as her SSDI was cut off from the account I paid for her supplies food etc from, which leaves me nothing. I rec less than $13,000 due to early retirement-was to stop taking it at 66, resume at 70 again with full benefits. I can't afford rent, food elec etc. can I sue for half her SS? I ask because we led a very expensive lifestyle of which I'm the only one without! I worked hard all my life, and The lawyers here in Curry County Oregon will do nothing. I've lost everything including my best friend and wife. She also has MS which I took care of her through episodes of blindness etc. she has 1/2 million +++ and I have zero due to spending on her kept up lifestyle. I'm homeless, and lost
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you been appointed an attorney to represent you in this case? Have you presented the evidence to them of the trust and that she is beneficiary?