Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My mom died when I was 16 and I have brothers...mom and

Customer Question
Hi..my mom died when I...
Hi..my mom died when I was 16 and I have brothers...mom and dad had purchased some property (land)...my dad sold it without asking us...after all these years. can we get back our share before the guy dies off and it'll go to his family?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/6/2015
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In what state? How was the property titled, was it joint tenants with right of survivorship?
Was there any will?
Chances are after all these years you will not get it back, you may be lucky to get money out of your dad and will have to sue him to do so if he violated the law and improperly sold the land, so you need to be willing to do that.
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney