How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40993
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandmother did a warranty deed in 1997 to my father, and

Customer Question

my grandmother did a warranty deed in 1997 to my father, and his brother and sister. My father died in april 28th 2003. On May 21st 2003 my aunt and uncle went to the chancery court clerks office and did a quitclaim deed, unknown to me saying I was the Grantor and they were the grantees to my father's part of the land, on May 20th a notary public said I personally appeared before her to sign the land over to them, i did not do this. On the 27th day of May my aunt and uncle did a quitclaim deed to grantor to themselves and grantees to themselves and that was notary on May 22nd. My grandmother died April 15th 2014. the will has not been probated and I just found out they took me off the right to get my dad's part of the land a month ago. My uncle has changed his phone number and my aunt will not talk or text me. I googled how much the land was. 39 acres and a house. It was estimated at 168,000 and she was going to sell it to my first cousin for 28,000. What do I do? this is in Ms.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. You are going to need a local lawyer where property is located here to challenge this deed as fraudulent and have it set aside.You will need to probate fathers will as well.The estate here brings suit and any property recovered passes through probate to you as sole heir.You have rights here to assert in court.But you need to act on this as soon as you can they are trying to steal your share of the land. Lawyer referral plug in your city and get referrals.. I am so sorry for your loss of father and what the others have done for you.A lawyer can turn this around for you and get your share of property.The corut can also either divide this up fairly or order it sold and your share recovered to you. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
I am here if you have more follow up.Thanks again for letting me assist you today.