How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33093
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had to sue my in laws to get money owed to my children for

Customer Question

I had to sue my in laws to get money owed to my children for my dead husband after his mother passed. They both got money and was put in a guardenship acct thru courts in oh. Both children are 18 now. Both r Not resposibile can I put in an acct until older ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Before I answer bit more detail would helpful please.

Did the court order establishing the guardianship acct address the distribution?

Thank you.


Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure, I would have to go back to paper work, iam asking for a friend ,

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Tell your friend that if the order does not provide for any delay or further oversight on the account then it has to be made accessible.

However, your friend can petition the court to see if they would allow the order to be modified.

Your friend can also have a serious discussion with the children about releasing some of the money now to use as they want and allowing a trust to be set up with the rest to help manage it.

Best regards.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Related Estate Law Questions