How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 95 year old Dad has a home in Palm BaY Florida. He is a

Customer Question

My 95 year old Dad has a home in Palm BaY Florida. He is a widower. My sister who is his main caregiver wants to know if the home can be placed in a trust so that she can seamlessly take it over without the Delays and complications of Probate. There is
still a small mortgage on the property which she will be happy to take over upon his demise. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
The house can be placed in trust, or her name added to the deed or transferred to her, subject to the mortgage and payment of the mortgage. Loan may require notice to lender. Happy 4th. Let me know if that is clear and acceptable.