Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

In an estate case, I have deed estate in the name

Customer Question
In an estate case, I...
In an estate case, I have deed for real estate in the name of the deceased and his ex wife. The deed says survivor ship. The divorce papers says that once the three children become the age of 18 house would be sold with deceased receiving of money put
into it and split rest with ex wife. The wife is in a nursing home under medicaid. The ceased would have desire children maintain as heirs. What is legit in this case
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2015
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
In this case, surviving spouse would inherit as a first rule, but it is trumped by and controlled by the later court order directing how proceeds are to be shared and divided.
Let me know if that is helpful