Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I filed the wrong paperwork now I am in Probate court with…

Customer Question
I filed the wrong paperwork...
I filed the wrong paperwork now I am in Probate court with limited IAEA authority. I am the sole beneficiary and the successor trustee of my brother's trust. I want to sell his property but I am not sure what to do.
As I read more on the topic, I am thinking that all I had to do was change the name with the Assessor's office and sell the property.
Is there a petition I can file to close the probate case?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2015
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Have you filed a motion for leave to sell the property and file a final accounting?
No
would suggest that, and to have the court order transfer of of title.
You may have court clerk assist with motion or have an estate lawyer draft it