Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have my parents Power of Attorney since my early 20's. Now…

Customer Question
I have my parents Power...
I have my parents Power of Attorney since my early 20's. Now comes my older sister and claims she took it from under me without letting my living Mother know or myself. We are in the State of Nevada, and I don't how the law applies to this. My sister is abusive towards my Mother and I want my Mother to move in with me (she's 96 yrs old) as I promised my Father I would take care of her just like I did of him for seven years.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2015
Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. When you say that she took it from under you, what do you mean by that? I assume that you mean the power of attorney for your mother?
Did you see my follow-up question your issue?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response..
My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.