Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

When you have a judgement support and medical and

Customer Question
when you have a judgement...
when you have a judgement for back support and medical and the recieving party dies what happens then
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/27/2015
Estate Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Christopher B, Esq
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.
Any judgment could be considered an asset of the deceased's estate. The answer is that the debt is still owed to the estate and it will be up to the administrator of the decedent's estate to enforce the judgment against you. If the administrator does not pursue the debt and the estate is closed it is likely that the judgment will never be collected.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
I see you have reviewed my answer. Do you have any further questions? Please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.