Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

8 of us acquired property from our mother, in Texas, now one…

Customer Question
8 of us acquired property...
8 of us acquired property from our mother, in Texas, now one of our sisters' gave her part to a niece. is this legal, can her part to the to the remaining 7 instead one of them be chaired with a niece.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/27/2015
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Yes, it is legal. When one is the sole owner of a piece of property, whether alone or jointly with others, they can convey their ownership interest by deed to anyone they wish.
Hello Again. Do you have any further questions? If not, I hope that you will take the time to enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.