How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7404
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

8 of us acquired property from our mother, in Texas, now one

Customer Question

8 of us acquired property from our mother, in Texas, now one of our sisters' gave her part to a niece. is this legal, can her part to the to the remaining 7 instead one of them be chaired with a niece.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it is legal. When one is the sole owner of a piece of property, whether alone or jointly with others, they can convey their ownership interest by deed to anyone they wish.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
Hello Again. Do you have any further questions? If not, I hope that you will take the time to enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.