Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

What Tax Rate will be Applied to my deceased Wife's small apartment,

Customer Question

What Tax Rate will be Applied to my deceased Wife's small apartment, presently market
appraised at $400,000.00 ?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good morning! Can you provide me a bit more information? In what state is the apartment located? Are you talking about whether it is subject to estate tax? Or, are you selling it and wondering what the capital gains tax would be on the sale? Also, when you reference this being your deceased wife's apartment, was this her sole and separate property? Or, was it a marital asset? Did you inherit her estate? Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next couple of hours. Should you follow up before I return, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.