How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently rent an apartment with Runaway Bay Apartments

Customer Question

Hi, I currently rent an apartment with Runaway Bay Apartments in Virginia. I moved in July 2014 and found roof leak issue first month living in that apartment 2014. Some document was soaked completely. I sent services requests to the leasing office immediately but they just responded: will contact contractor. Later in December I found the same issue and requested again and they responsded: fixed and will have contractor come back and look at the roof. Now it's been a year and I still don't know whether the problem has fixed yet because I have cleared the leaking area so that nothing got destroyed. I did come to the office and ask about that issue, but all they said was "they scheduled a contractor but it rained so they had to reschedule. Last night I was wakened by the leaking sound and found my roof is still leaking. I would like to know that in this case, can I ask to vacate and terminate my lease? Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Landlord has to cure such problems. Here it is persistent and you have given landlord ample opportunity. You may not written notice cancel the lease based on landlord breach. You may also take landlord to court. Let me know if that is helpful.

Related Estate Law Questions