How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42898
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed away a week ago. At one time I was the executor,

Customer Question

My mother passed away a week ago. At one time I was the executor, I became ill and she said she added my younger brother as a second executor. He has all the information and refused to tell me see anything or even let me see the will. He said it was illegal to let me see it before it went through probate. My dad passed away 10 years ago and my mom remarried. Her now husband was required to sign a pre-nuptial agreement before the marriage. The man she married had nothing. My brother did say I would get my part, but not how much or when. I have 2 siblings that are predeceased. My brother had a heart attack today 6/18/20015. He had not filed the will with the court at the time of his heart attack. I don't know how long he will be in the hospital. Can someone else take the will to probate. He did have a lawyer but he will not tell me who he is either. it is possible the lawyer filed the will with probate. What can I do to find out what is going on. My mother has a house appraised at 300,000.00 and the realtor said the antiques in the house were close to that. She has no stocks or bonds etc. My brother who is the biggest snake will cheat anyone if he can, if there anything I can do to get to see the will.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.You certainly can file the will for probate and ask to be appointed personal representative given the situation with your brother.You can check to see if it was filed here with the county clerk in the county where mother deceased.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
You can locate the judge and their clerk here. I would consider your own lawyer here .You can locate one here. It may be best for you to take charge of the estate given the change in brother's health and need to proceed here.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Good luck with all here.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.