Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My sister passed in January,2015. I'm having trouble trying…

Customer Question
My sister passed in January,2015...
My sister passed in January,2015. I'm having trouble trying to access her bank account to pay the Funeral Expenses. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am living on fixed income and really can't afford an attorney to pursue this matter
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2015
Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about your loss and this situation. Can you tell me if your sister left a WILL?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.