Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How I can get information about who is the particular beneficiary…

Customer Question
How I can get information...
How I can get information about who is the particular beneficiary (the actual name or names) of a particular Trust in California?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/16/2015
Estate Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Under US law trusts are deemed to be 'private' and 'secret' entities. While a person is entitled to know the trustee, the beneficiary (or beneficiaries) are generally private and do not have to be shared with anyone else. The only way to obtain such information is to generally seek such information via suit and via a formal court ordered subpoena requesting records if the trustee is unwilling to provide such information upon request.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney