Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How do you put a lean on property

Customer Question
How do you put a lean on property
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/15/2015
Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Under circumstances like that you can't just place a lien. You have to file a lawsuit and get a judgment.
The judgment is then filed in the property records and acts as a lien against any real property that the person owns.