Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My 47 year-old daughter recently died after a seven year battle

Customer Question

My 47 year-old daughter recently died after a seven year battle with cancer. A younger
daughter, who was awarded the household goods, refuses to share any thing. I would
very much like to have the scrapebooks I made for the deceased daughter but she re-
fuses. What are my recourses?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI am sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
I know this is tough. But do you think you can put a value on the scrapbooks?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloI do not participate in the live calls this site offers. We can do 1 of 2 things 1 - I can opt out and another will assist you and make you an offer to pay for the live call OR2 - We can continue here as we are with written questions and answersPlease let me know how you want to proceed.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We can continue here, but i'm a very slow typist
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Thank youI am in no rush and for now, all you need to tell me is if you had to put a value on the scrapbooks what would that be? $1000, $5000 $10000. I know it is not easy because nothing can replace those memories or the time you put into making the books.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
But I ask because you can sue in small claims court for the value and most times the person will give up the item. What state is your other daughter in And what state did your now deceased daughter live in?