How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to find a lawyer to help me . I am full time student

Customer Question

I need to find a lawyer to help me . I am full time student and with little money. Is there lawyers out that will help for low income. or when I settle the can get paid.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Yes, there are attorneys that do pro bono work (they don't charge you) and also attorneys that work on contingency agreements. A contingency agreement would involve no up front fees but that attorney would take a certain agreed to percentage (this percentage can sometimes be capped depending on your particular state law). This percentage is normally between 40-50% of the settlement or judgment you receive in the case but again this is negotiable. The attorney you decide to retain will normally put the agreed to terms into writing for you to examine.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have viewed my answer. If you do not have any further questions and you feel that I have fully answered your question, please positively rate my answer.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
It has been a few days since I provided you a service and answered your question. Do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.