How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You have answered one question . But I did send my

Customer Question

You have answered one question for me. But I did send my brother a letter from a lawyer about my rights to property. I can not afford a lawyer right now am a full time student and only work 14hr a week. That means little money to pay. How do I go about
to protect my interest. he is not letting come back to house and making up he's own rules. I need help for I will be on the streets. Can I do this illinios probate by myself or are there any lawyers out that will help for low income people. To cancel your
membership, please follow the instructions below or click here to be taken to the Membership page to cancel your membership. 1.To cancel your membership, click on My Account in the top right corner of the page. If you do not see My Account, you are not signed
in. Simply Sign In and follow the instructions below. 2.Next, click on Membership. The Membership page shows membership details and includes the option to cancel your membership and edit payment information. Please note that if you do not see the Membership
option under My Account, you are not enrolled in a membership. 3.Tell us why you want to cancel in the text box and click Submit to save. Was this helpful? * Yes No
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
I am assuming you are located in Illinois as you stated that in your question. According to Illinois statute 5/9-207 (a) if you have a week to week lease, the landlord (your brother)has to give you 7 days notice in order to evict you. In the same statute in (b) if you have a lease other than week to week, the landlord must give 30 days notice of eviction. I would always recommend that you retain an attorney to protect your interests especially regarding something as complicated as landlord/tenant law. There are attorneys that do pro bono work (services free of charge) but you would have to find the right attorney to take on that type of case. If you feel you have a very good handle on the issues at hand and have adequately researched the issues I suppose you could try to take this on yourself but I would not recommend that.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have viewed my answer. If you do not have any further questions and you feel that I have fully answered your question, please positively rate my answer.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
It has been a few days since I provided you a service and answered your question. Do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.