How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2564
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you inheritance is split three ways can one person have

Customer Question

If you inheritance is split three ways can one person have his portion left to a corporation to avoid paying back Medicaid bills
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! My name is***** am a licensed attorney. I have assisted hundreds of others with their legal questions. I am happy to help you!
I person can renounce the shares of on inheritance but it would go to the other heirs. If the heir assigns the moneys to a corporation, then it could effect Medicaid reimbursement because the money would have been in the hands of the heir to facilitate the assignment.
The way to handle this is to make a motion to the court to set up a supplemental needs trust to put the heir's inheritance into a trust so to avoid Medicaid penalties.