Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If a parent dies, and has a home, and the home is not in the…

Customer Question
If a parent dies, and...
If a parent dies, and has a home, and the home is not in the Will, or in the Living Trust, is the home considered inheritance to their living children?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/12/2015
Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
If a person dies with a will, then the will dictates who gets what. Part of the will is the "risiduary clause"..that part of the will distributes all property not otherwise specified in the will.
It does not go automatically to the children
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
P. Simmons, Attorney