Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can I be arrested I was power of attorney & put my husbands…

Customer Question
Can I be arrested I...
Can I be arrested I was power of attorney & put my husbands money in my account . He did check off banking.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/11/2015
Estate Lawyer: J. Warren, Attorney replied 3 years ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today but please note this is general information only, not legal advice.
As a power of attorney one has authority to move a persons fund into an account. This does not create criminal liability (one will not be arrested) but could create civil liability. Meaning if the funds were taken maliciously or an attempt to defraud, the person with power of attorney may have to return the funds. This is unlikely but could happen.
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.