How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40993
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has first stage altizmers and I need to know how

Customer Question

My husband has first stage altizmers and I need to know how to handle our retirements from save them so if he has to go to a nursing home it will be protected
We have 80.000 in one and 40,000 in another what do I need to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
You should consider a NAELA lawyer.They specialize in sheltering assets here and making you medicaid eligible.There are several options.You can have medicaid annuities that exempt your resources.
Your house and one car here any value are exempt.Often you can shelter more into these assets.
An irrevocable trust is another possible way to shelter these assets.
Reference to that option.
NAELA-- National Academy of Elder Lawyers can help you here to shelter these funds.You can locate one here to go over the options here in Texas..
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.
Texas here has an Ombudsman Program they can help you locate a nursing home and any issue you might have with the nursing home.
Reference to that as well.