RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I NEED HELP TO PROBATE A WILL.

Customer Question

I NEED HELP TO PROBATE A WILL.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here you complete the DE-111 application of probate of will and you file it with original will.The clerk publishes notice and gives you a hearing date.You go that date and the court admits the will and issues letters testamentary to you.
The executor here submits a Petition for Probate, Form DE-111, to the Superior Court. This form asks the court to officially appoint the executor named in the will as executor of the estate. The person named in the will cannot assume his role as executor until appointed by the court.
You then must then fill out and submit the Notice of Petition to Administer Estate, Form DE-131. After the personal representative has been officially appointed by the court, the representative needs to fill out the Duties and Liabilities of Personal Representatives, Form DE-147.
Here is the application and self help..
http://www.alameda.courts.ca.gov/Pages.aspx/Preparing-the-Petition
This is filed and heard in Superior Court in the county where the person deceased.You will need a death certificate as well.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.