Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Infolawyer, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My aunt (mother's biological sister) died and left a living
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
My aunt (mother's biological sister) died and left a living trust. She had property that was specifically mentioned given to my mother, and gave her all accounts. Years after the will, she acquired an… read more
My mother had a revocable living trust and made my younger
Loren, estate lawyer
My mother had a revocable living trust and made my younger sister and brother as co-executors. My sister received a key to her safe deposit box with very valuable jewelry and my brother refused a key.… read more
After a, ugly battle over my deceased mother's estate, who
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
After a long, ugly battle over my deceased mother's estate, who appointed my brother and I as her co-trustees, I paid him from a handwritten tally of the monthly bills owed on her house (still 3 years… read more
My question has to do with inheritance and distribution from
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
My question has to do with inheritance and distribution from a trust when the holder of a usufruct dies. My only surviving grandmother-by marriage died in 2002. She left specified cash amounts to her … read more
My mother died recently. She had MS, and I cared for her ever
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My mother died recently. She had MS, and I cared for her ever since I was a little girl. Of course, she had promised me her jewelry and my Grandmother's jewelry. I was not asked to be present, when th… read more
The sell of real property was ordered, a house in WA and
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
The sell of real property was ordered, a house in WA and property in ID. I have lived in WA house for 9 years. Mom passed Jan. of 2013. My aunt is executor. Aunt and mom lived in Idaho. I found out th… read more
My parents had a joint will naming my brother and I both executors.
RobertJDFL, Attorney
My parents had a joint will naming my brother and I both executors. I wa to receive my mothers jewelry etc. and my brother was to receivwe my fathers coins, tools etc. the rest was to be divided equal… read more
Hello....my brother and I are co-trustees on my fathers estate...he
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Hello....my brother and I are co-trustees on my fathers estate...he passed July 3, 2011....we inherited 3 houses that we use as rentals...the problem is my brother lives in the town where the houses a… read more
My Aunt Died. 1yr before she died she removed her brothers
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My Aunt Died. 1yr before she died she removed her brother's name from the safe deposit box and put his wife's name on her safe deposit box. This box was not jointly owned by my uncle or his wife. My a… read more
My Aunt passed away 11/24/11 and we have been unable to locate
David L
David L, Doctoral Degree
My Aunt passed away 11/24/11 and we have been unable to locate a will. The attorney she normally used has no record of her making a will. She has left one living sister and has five deceased siblings.… read more
My mother has three sisters and after their father died his
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My mother has three sisters and after their father died his will indicated they split this jewlery three ways. My mother and her sister were executors. they put the jewlery into a safety deposit box a… read more
My aunt passed away in GA in Sept 2011. In her will she named
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My aunt passed away in GA in Sept 2011. In her will she named her neice and me as Executors of the will each receiving one half of the estate. She included an item in the will saying the neice would r… read more
I had a hearing last January 14th where I lost the case. My
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
I had a hearing last January 14th where I lost the case. My Aunt, uncle, wife and me all believe that my lawyer handled my case very poorly because he was very passive. He didn't even questioned or in… read more
GRANDFATHER DIED AND LEFT ESTATE SPLIT THREE WAYS. MOM AND
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
GRANDFATHER DIED AND LEFT ESTATE SPLIT THREE WAYS. MOM AND BROTHER AND I. MONEY WAS TO BE DOLED OUT IN ENCRIMENTS. MOM TOOK $ 20,000.00 CAR AND GAVE AUNT $ 25,000.00 TRUCK. WOULD ALL OF US HAVE TO AGR… read more
Westchester County, State of New York. Im the executor
Daniel P.
Daniel P., Managing Attorney
Westchester County, State of New York. I'm the executor of my mother's will. Her estate went to probate. The surrogate court issued Certificates of Voluntary Administration for her checking account an… read more
My grandmother died in 2002. She had her farm with a small
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
My grandmother died in 2002. She had her farm with a small lake put in a trust. my late Aunt Nancy was the executor, my mother, her daughter, passed away in 1974. In 1978, the first part of the trust … read more
My aunt just died not leaving a will. Her husband passed away
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
My aunt just died not leaving a will. Her husband passed away one year ago also with no will. They had no children. Neither one had any parents living. My aunt has 5 siblings one living and 4 deceased… read more
My mother died with no will, in Florida. She was not a wealthy
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
My mother died with no will, in Florida. She was not a wealthy woman but had a lot of jewelry, artifacts, books, and things of that sort. What do I do next? I have a brother in Japan, who is okay with… read more