Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My parents have a living trust the house is to be sold and

Customer Question
divided by us 3 sisters...
My parents have a living trust the house is to be sold and divided by us 3 sisters can I legally stay I'm the house inhibits dold ive lived here now 8 years, they want to shut off the utilities in 2 weeks and expect me to be out I'm on a fixed income s.s.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/6/2015
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
They will have to evict you but since you are part owner of the home they cannot do so. You have a right to be there in the home but must pay fair market value rent for 1/3 of the property.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney