Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

What is required if a person wants to willingly give

Customer Question
quardianship to another...
What is required if a person wants to willingly give quardianship to another
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/4/2015
Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Thank you for requesting me. I am going to opt out and open this up for other experts.
Estate Lawyer: J. Warren, Attorney replied 3 years ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Even if someone is willing to grant a guardianship over themselves to another an Application for Appointment of Permanent Guardian with the court in the county in which the person whom guardianship over is being sought. The process is someone condensed and easier when the person is desiring to grant someone guardianship but nonetheless requires a formal petition to be appointed and approval by the court.
Here is a good resource that provides assistance with the guardianship process and information: www.texasguardianship.org/guardianship-information/help-with-a-guardianship/ and also: www.dads.state.tx.us/services/faqs-fact/guardianship.html
Forms for the petition can be obtained through the probate court. Most county probate courts have their forms available online. If not, the court clerk may be contacted to obtain forms.
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
J. Warren
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney