How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37843
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is consevership

Customer Question

what is consevership
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
A conservatorship is when someone is appointed as a legal guardian for another person so as to be able to manage their finances and sometimes health care if the person (the ward) is unable to manage their own affairs.
It is done by the conservator filing a probate court case for a conservatorship for the proposed ward and the court will require the ward to be evaluated to determine if they need a conservator. This is usually through medical records and doctor testimony that the person is medically incompetent to manage their own affairs.
As for a life estate, that is when an owner of property transfers the property to someone else, but reserves the right to live in and use the property for the rest of their life. When the "life tenant" passes, the property becomes the sole property of the "remainderman".