How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33919
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife's grandfather just passed. In his will he left everything

Customer Question

My wife's grandfather just passed. In his will he left everything to his wife. In the case she would pass everything would go to my wife. They asked for our address and we gave it to them. An aunt called my wife and told her not to give the address because they needed it to probate the will and that my wife would be removed from it. Can this happen without any kind of signature from way wife and using our address alone? We are clueless.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Can what happen without a signature?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can my wife be removed from the will without her consent?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
If you're talking about the will of someone that is still alive then yes, a person can remove someone from their will without the consent of the person being removed.
If you're talking about someone that is deceased then no one can be removed from the will of a person after that person has passed away. A court can void an award to a person after a hearing but it can't be done by anyone other than a judge and it can't be done without notice and a hearing.