Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

My wife's grandfather just passed. In his will he left everything

Customer Question

My wife's grandfather just passed. In his will he left everything to his wife. In the case she would pass everything would go to my wife. They asked for our address and we gave it to them. An aunt called my wife and told her not to give the address because they needed it to probate the will and that my wife would be removed from it. Can this happen without any kind of signature from way wife and using our address alone? We are clueless.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Can what happen without a signature?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can my wife be removed from the will without her consent?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
If you're talking about the will of someone that is still alive then yes, a person can remove someone from their will without the consent of the person being removed.
If you're talking about someone that is deceased then no one can be removed from the will of a person after that person has passed away. A court can void an award to a person after a hearing but it can't be done by anyone other than a judge and it can't be done without notice and a hearing.