How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom and dad have a trust, daddied several years ago. The

Customer Question

My mom and dad have a trust, daddied several years ago. The trustees were my brother first and step brother second, my brother passed a way last year we want to appoint another trustee as back in case something happens to my step brother and he is fine with this but when we contacted the attorney in Fl. she said that is not necessary it will automatically go to the family, is this true and will it have have to be probated is my step brother has passed. Can my stepbrother appoint a back up trustee?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? Is your mom still alive? Does the trust agreement provide that upon the death of your parents, the property is then to be distributed to the beneficiaries? Does the trust agreement have a provision regarding a successor trustee? Thanks.

Related Estate Law Questions