Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mom and dad have a trust, daddied several years ago. The

Customer Question

My mom and dad have a trust, daddied several years ago. The trustees were my brother first and step brother second, my brother passed a way last year we want to appoint another trustee as back in case something happens to my step brother and he is fine with this but when we contacted the attorney in Fl. she said that is not necessary it will automatically go to the family, is this true and will it have have to be probated is my step brother has passed. Can my stepbrother appoint a back up trustee?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? Is your mom still alive? Does the trust agreement provide that upon the death of your parents, the property is then to be distributed to the beneficiaries? Does the trust agreement have a provision regarding a successor trustee? Thanks.