How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41046
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband passed away, I was married to him yrs,

Customer Question

my ex husband passed away, I was married to him for 28 yrs, am'I entitled to any of his Social Security thanks ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Yes you are eligible here if you have not remarried.You will need to make appointment and apply for survivors benefits.Since you were married over 10 years you should be eligible.You will need your birth certificate and marriage license, divorce decree, etc.
Here is reference.
You certainly can file here and receive benefits.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
More about your benefits as a divorced spouse survivor..
The sooner you file the sooner you get paid.
Thanks again.