How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33068
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a home in Raeine co. Wisconsin. That my son is liveing

Customer Question

I have a home in Raeine co. Wisconsin. That my son is liveing in . I owe money on the house but if I should pass away be I pay the house off . My question is would it be wise to put the house in trust for my son
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
If your goal is to avoid probate, a trust could be a viable alternative. It will not, however, shield the property from creditor claims.
Also, be aware, you will need the consent of the mortgage lender to change the title to a trust.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions