How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother recently passed away. He was divorced at the time

Customer Question

my brother recently passed away. He was divorced at the time of his passing but his ex-wife is still on the house papers, which the house to my knowledge is not yet paid for. He was awarded the house in the divorce decree. She has been in the house going through his personal belongings but will not let his oldest daughter nor myself (sister) enter the home as she has bolted up the door and will not communicate with us or even open be present and unlock the door so that we can go through his personal belongings of which as she has no right to as per the divorce decree. At this time we are not interested in the property just want to clean out his things. We live in Utah, can you give us some advice or help? Concerned daughter and sister.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. did he leave a will? what outcome are you seeking? who is the executor or administrator?