How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters father passed and no one can find a will. The

Customer Question

My daughters father passed and no one can find a will. The widow wants to have then relinquish their claim for their portion of the estate so she may obtain permission from the court to sell the house prior to probate and keep all procedes for herself. The daughters do not want to allow her to keep their share. Would she still be able to obtain permission to sell if the girls do not agree to allow her to keep all of the monies from the sale? Thank you, *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Can you tell me what state this is in?