Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I have not been told by the executor of estates or entitlements of my family estates, and

Customer Question

I have not been told by the executor of estates or entitlements of my family estates, and wish to proclaim my just due entitlement to the family estates. What do I need to do?
I have only been told I will receive my families portion of the estate. Howevever, I feel I am being deceived of what is properly owed to my families legal rights to our estates.
What do I need to do?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! My name is***** am a licensed attorney. I have assisted hundreds of others with their legal questions. I am happy to help you!
Request an accounting of the Estate. Indiana law requires the estate to be closed within one (1) year of the appointment as personal representative. Before the estate can be closed, their must be filed with the Court a final accounting of the actions as personal representative. If it is within the first year, you can request an informal accounting of the actions or a preliminary accounting.