Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I just hit the star button and left a tip but they said

Customer Question
Hi, I just hit the...
Hi, I just hit the star button and left a tip but they said the credit card number was wrong and there was no button to hit to try to resolve that. Also, I sent one last question to you after my computer froze and I logged back on and it put me into another
session for another fee with someone who wrote back asking what I was talking about? Tell me how to proceed please and I have that one last question pertaining to what you told me about instructions from the beneficiaries in the letter I received, because
it "did instruct us to sell the property and how to set up appraisals and that a broker would be picked", but the other sibling thinks he is the trustee now mistakenly with his sister. So does that letter mean that we, the official trustees can go forward
with preparing the place and selling it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Estate Law
tell me if this is a follow up please or a new charge, and will the other brief connection be a third charge? I like this service but every time I've used it, if you lose the page it seems hard to get back to the original dialogue and I end up with a new conselor on the other end and another charge for service. I still don't know if you got the file I sent that was the signed letter to sell dispose and liquidate via selling the house with instructions on how it should be completed.
my apologies for being a pain, but I did click your service as excellent and a 5 star rating
5/20/2015
Estate Lawyer: Legalease, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Hello again --
-
The positive rating on the prior question actually went through and I thank you for it. Regarding reconciling the two questions, I believe that you can contact customer service to do that at some point tomorrow during business hours (I have nothing to do with charges and prices).
-
Regarding your additional question -- if there is a letter authorized by three of the four siblings telling you how to proceed in the disposing of the property, then you are permitted to proceed as the trustee and have the property appraised and sold as instructed by the majority of the beneficiaries. Nothing in the trust document permits them to substitute trustees, so unless you want to resign from the post voluntarily (or they want to take you to court over it) I suggest that you do write a letter to all beneficiaries and remind them that the trust language does not permit them to remove the trustee and in order to do so they would have to begin a proceeding in the probate court for removal. Tell them that you suggest that their efforts are better served cooperating with you to get the place appraised and sold as they have directed in their disposition instructions, which you acknowledge ARE permissible under the terms of the written trust document.
-
I hope that helps.
-
MARY
-
Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney