How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116755
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out that WellsFargo has put a judgement on me

Customer Question

I just found out that WellsFargo has put a judgement on me and brothers for a foreclosure of a house that belong to my mother. She was in a nursing home with alzheimers. She couldn't pay so it was foreclosed. She was on mediaid. We didn't not sign on the debt. This happen in 2011 and I have had no notice that a judgement was going to be put on me. She had no monies. I had to bury her with my monies. My brothers have no assets so this judgement will be on me. Can they do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, in general, all they would be entitled to is the house, unless they can prove you took assets from the estate and did not pay the loan or judgment. Since you received no notice of any suit and her estate was essentially insolvent and you are not on the mortgage you have to file in court to have this judgment vacated and I am afraid that means you need an attorney to do so. If you prove the judgment lien is invalid, you can also get the court to award you attorney's fees for the mortgage company not notifying the estate of the suit and obtaining an improper judgment against the heirs.