How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father-in-law passed away a couple of weeks ago. He did

Customer Question

My father-in-law passed away a couple of weeks ago. He did not have a will or any estate planning. He has a home in Puerto Rico. Does my wife and sister-in-law need an Estate Planning Lawyer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. An estate lawyer would indeed help in administration. That includes re title to real property and accounts, taxes and payment of debts. Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?