Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

How would i find out where my uncle's estate is being handled?

Customer Question

how would i find out where my uncle's estate is being handled? He passed on April 24, 2015 in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If he lived in Rehoboth Beach, then any probate case would have to be filed in the county where that is located in the local probate court. That looks to be Sussex county. So if a case has been filed, you can contact the probate court there and ask who the attorney of record is for the case.
.
But the attorney represents the estate and the executor, not the beneficiaries, so would have no legal duty to respond to questions from a beneficiary.
.
I am not saying that they wouldn't, but legally they don't have to since they aren't representing you specifically.
.
.
thanks