J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.
64316804

Dad sign a contract on his cattle and his farm equipment.

Customer Question

dad sign a contract on his cattle and his farm equipment. now he is tell everyone that we stole his equipment. what can i do about this. my dad is 79yr old and is going ing to early stage of dimension.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. First, I would suggest you retain local counsel to deal with DSS and the unsubstantiated allegations of elder abuse. While you have may not have committed elder abuse, dealing with DSS without being represented is risky. However, if you do not retain a lawyer, presenting the contract and producing other witness to prove this was an arms length transaction is paramount to establishing no elder abuse occurred. In addition, it is beneficial if there is any medical notes/letters from a doctor regarding his diagnosis of early dementia.
In addition you should consider obtaining guardianship over your father by petitioning the court and demonstrating he is no longer able to handle his affairs due to his dementia. Here is a link to an information brochure on guardianship law: www.mobar.org/uploadedFiles/Home/Publications/Legal_Resources/Brochures_and_Booklets/Probate_Law_Resource_Guide/guardians.pdf
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.