Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

If a husband had a trust and married but did not change the

Customer Question
will what happens to the...
If a husband had a trust and married but did not change the will what happens to the wife`s entitlements
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
5/6/2015
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Hi and welcome to JA.I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
Here any assets such as real estate titled to a trust pass under the terms of the trust.Again the terms of the trust control.
Now his will disposes of his half of marital property and any separate property not in the trust.The wife inherits under the will if she is named the heir here.
So it comes down to what he had title in his trust--- anything not in the trust passes under the terms of the will to the named heirs.
You may need a local lawyer to claim your share of the estate and the trust if you are named either place.You would open probate and seek to be named personal representative of the estate.
Plug in your city here to get lawyer referral with ratings for local lawyers in your area..
http://www.avvo.com/probate-lawyer.html
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have mroe follow up.Thanks again.
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney