Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

CAN YOU GIVE AWAY YOUR LARGEST ASSET RENDERING YOUR ESTATE

Customer Question

CAN YOU GIVE AWAY YOUR LARGEST ASSET RENDERING YOUR ESTATE INSOLIVENT. I loaned my uncle a large sum of money with a agreement drawn up from his lawyer . Which was immediately payable upon his death. His largest asset was his house which he put his boyfriend's name on the deed with right of survivorship,. rendering his estate insolivent. His boyfriend is also now claiming most of his personal property as being gifted to him. I suspect to avoid paying the 15%inheritence tax. Plus his rolex watch has disapeared. Is there anything i can do about this?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will do what I can to help..Can you tell me what state this is in?.Do you know when uncle added the boyfriend to his house deed?.Was it before or after you made the loan to him?.Did uncle die with a will in place or did he pass intestate?..thanksBarrister