How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

CAN YOU GIVE AWAY YOUR LARGEST ASSET RENDERING YOUR ESTATE INSOLIVENT. I loaned my uncle a large sum of money with a agreement drawn up from his lawyer . Which was immediately payable upon his death. His largest asset was his house which he put his boyfriend's name on the deed with right of survivorship,. rendering his estate insolivent. His boyfriend is also now claiming most of his personal property as being gifted to him. I suspect to avoid paying the 15%inheritence tax. Plus his rolex watch has disapeared. Is there anything i can do about this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will do what I can to help..Can you tell me what state this is in?.Do you know when uncle added the boyfriend to his house deed?.Was it before or after you made the loan to him?.Did uncle die with a will in place or did he pass intestate?..thanksBarrister