Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother passed away in 2011. My stepfathers family came over

Customer Question

My mother passed away in 2011. My stepfathers family came over and right away started cleaning out the house throwing everything away and started pouring money in to it as to flip it. . Said she could not sell it for enough to get her money back. She now has one of her maids in it as lease to own. My step dad lived with her and his family about 3 years until he recently passed away. In the meantime she got power of attorney. He had starting of demintia. His family very seldom saw him or called him . My wife and I took care of our parents the last 20 years. Does me and my 2 brothers just loose the house and all our inheritance because like was naive and grieving over my mother's loss and was glad for them to take care of my stepdad. He would for us to get the house. She started pouring money into a house she did not own.
.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
What can I answer about this situation?