Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My aunt died with out a will and held two shopping centers

Customer Question
in a partnership grant deed...
my aunt died with out a will and held two shopping centers in a partnership grant deed tenants in common.Her partner which is also my aunt, hid one of the shopping centers during the probate . my aunt quiet title on one shopping center but not from the partnership deed which it was held in she went back several years to a quit claim deed that my sister had signed, so she wouldn't have to disclose the partnership deed which both shopping center were held in. This is fraud right?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
5/2/2015
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
All I can do is tell you that fraud is a false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury.Concealing an asset from an estate proceeding certainly tends to fit the definition of fraud.
Ok so, how would you file it under fraud of real property,?
I'm not sure what you're asking me. Are you talking about filing suit and you wish to know what to call it? When we get into questions that are this fact intensive, we really have to go to additional services to intelligently discuss the situation. Otherwise, we will keep going back and forth missing the point. I can easily think of 15 to 20 questions that I must have the answers to before I can make any pronouncement about your legal situation. additional services adds to the cost, but keep in mind that you are consulting with an experienced professional in the field, and consultation fees usually run up in the hundreds.
thank you for your reply , I am headed for a battle, just curious for another opinion. I don't have a large bank account.This is heir property and im sure a judge would be very interested in my discovery. Just have to find one on a contingent bases.
Well then I geuss you cant help me as I am financially poor, as my sister has taken the estate and turned her back on us .This happened 20 years ago but I just found out she hid one of the shopping centers. I do know I have a year to file from the day of discovery. Once again thank you
you are very welcome. i hope everything works out well for you.
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney