How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19479
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Iowa, my Uncle has just died in Virginia and I am

Customer Question

I live in Iowa, my Uncle has just died in Virginia and I am named the executor in his will.
with the burden of travel and distance, can I get a local attorney in VA to perform the executor responsibilities?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can delegate your duties to a local Attorney because as an Executor of the Estate you can hire Attorneys and financial advisors to assist you in administering the estate.