How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father is entoumed above ground in my great grandfathers

Customer Question

My father is entoumed above ground in my great grandfathers mausoleum in queens ny. His name was never put on his slab I live in fl I was under the impression my brother had taken care of it yrs later upon a visit my brother went to visit my father only to find that one of my late grandfathers brothers wife's had passed away and was buried in the basement and her daughter knowing that my fathers body is behind the slab put her mothers name on the slab where his body is the cemetery refuses to take any responsibility for it and my family is very upsets I do not feel it is legal if their is a body already buried how can it b legal to put someone else's name on the slab of that persons grave?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Have you inquired with the cemetary about adding a name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want her mothers name removed & my fathers name put on it where he is buried her mother is not blood & is buried down in the basement she didn't have my families permission my entire family especially my 2 sons are very upset the daughter who put her mothers name there refuses to talk I spoke thru her funeral director
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am writing to you again we went to the cemetary director they claim they are not liable my great grandfather would not be pleased with this. Situation my dad is behind that Slab & she knew it she is over 70 we don't even know her
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!