How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118263
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We currently have an aging family member with diabetes and

Customer Question

We currently have an aging family member with diabetes and dementia in the hospital in Northern California that is need of a conservator. We do not want to use the California public guardian as they have a less than stellar reputation nor can we take on
the role of conservator ourselves. He does not have an estate to speak of so we are looking for a list of charitable organizations that can provide conservatorships (preferably in OC/LA county).
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that there are really no non-profit entities that will take on conservatorship because of the liability and risk. The only possible thing you can try is contacting Associated Catholic Charities, as they have attorneys and other professionals in all areas and they have a network that they can use to direct people to low cost services. (
Aside from Catholic Charities, there really are no other groups that could handle or would handle this besides the public guardian program.