How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7343
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do we invoke a chancellor in Probate Court?when someone

Customer Question

How do we invoke a chancellor in Probate Court?
when someone dies intestate, does the court create a constructive trust for the trust corpus? If so is this why equity is invoked and why there is a chancellor adjudicating?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
Your question concerning definitions and principles of law is very general. It would require hours of research and writing and would probably end up not applying to your specific situation. Therefore, please provide the facts about the probate matter that you are currently involved in and I will provide you with a discussion of the law which actually applies to it. I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.

I see that you declined the offer of additional services. In order to Answer your question, I will need more information from you. What do you mean by "invoke a chancellor" in Probate Court? Which FL county Probate Court are you referring to? What exactly is your concern about a trust - constructive or otherwise? Testamentary or intervivos (living). You may wish to read this publication and then present me with your specific question here:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Irwin, do you have jurisdiction to represent a complainant/ plaintiff to file bill in equity in chancery court? How much is your fees? If you can't, do you have someone trustworthy you would recommend? Will I, as a next friend file for someone incapable of filing it himself? Thank you...

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
I can neither represent you nor refer you to a specific lawyer. Probate lawyers in FL and in your county may be found by researching Martindale Lawyers or It is very easy to get there via Google.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will you at least let me know if next friend can file in chancery court?

Thank you…. God bless!

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
It would be highly unusual if that were NOT permitted. In common law, a next friend is a person who represents another person who is under disability or otherwise unable to maintain a suit on his or her own behalf and who does not have a legal guardian.