How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56852
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, This is pertaining to Wisconsin Estate Law. My

This answer was rated:


This is pertaining to Wisconsin Estate Law.

My father passed away a few months ago. I am the product of an affair he had. Him and his wife never divorced, and he never wanted anything to do with me throughout my life; however, he did have to pay child support. I first met my father when I was 22 years old, and after that, I ran into him a few times. Him and his wife had 3 children together, but lost custody of them; and therefore, they were adopted many years ago. So technically, I believe I am the only legal heir (besides his wife). I do not have any contact with my father's side of the family. I do not have any idea if he had a will, or any assets. I was wondering if it's possible I have any legal right to his estate? Also, how would I find this information out? Thank you very much for your time.

Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. You want to find out of if there is a will and get a copy. If the family wont produce it, you may check if filed with local probate court or have a lawyer make demand for it. If not named in the will, you would not be able to recover. If there is no will, you have a claim as an heir on establishing paternity.
Infolawyer and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions