How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just emailed witha trust question about EIN numbers and two

This answer was rated:

I just emailed witha trust question about EIN numbers and two different trust names and you told me the irs made a mistake and I clicked reply and to none. I wanted to know how the IRS could make that kind of mistake -if the trust should have come back as the Jane Doe living trust as restated May7, 2005 or the Jane Doe IRRV living trust as restated may 7, 2005 and not what it did send, the Jane doe IRVV trust as restated 2005. How could my lawyer miss that? You don't know, but still

I provided the previous reply. Mistakes can always be made, and the easiest thing to do is apply for another EIN. Your lawyer didn't necessarily miss it but accepted what a bureaucrat at the IRS provided, but I would suggest using the link previously provided and use the EIN that is issued from that.

Once you get that, with the same name of the trust, that's all you need.

And don't ever think the IRS cannot or does not make mistakes.
Nate and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you